Got Moss and Algae in your lawn? Wet and Forget it!

Author: Stefan Palm   Date Posted: 24 July 2018 

With the cool, wet weather we've had recently, moss and algae has become a real problem in lawns, especially in shady parts of the garden. There is a solution! Its called Wet and Forget and it knocks out Moss and Algae in lawns!

Wet & Forget concentrate is the ultimate outdoor moss, mould, lichen and algae remover that is safe to use on any exterior surface including lawns!  It kills problem spores and helps stop premature regrowth of unwanted biological growth.

How it works

Wet & Forget concentrate has a unique combination of biodegradable selective fungicides to target moss, mould, lichen, algae, and general biological growth. When diluted with water and applied to a dry surface, it immediately attacks the growth. These fungicides work in conjunction with a carefully selected range of surfactants to help loosen and lift biological growth, and then Mother Nature takes over. The weathering process gently removes the decomposing growth over time without damaging the surface it has infested.

Wet & Forget is non-systemic, therefore, if there is run off into the garden beds of plants it will not be absorbed into the root system and will not damage the plants at all. Wet & Forget won't affect plants unless you accidentally spray directly onto them which can cause spot burning of the leaves.  Cover plants or hose them with fresh water before and after applying the Wet & Forget to avoid this.

Application for treating moss in lawns

Firstly, lightly water the lawn but do not saturate it.  Do this late in the day when the sun is low so that evaporation is kept to a minimum.  Dilution rate is 1 part Wet & Forget to 7 parts water, spot spray the moss.  You may have to give it a couple of goes until you have it under control.  At worst you may get slight burning on the grass, however, it will recover quickly.  Winter is the best time to treat your moss as the lawn is dormant and there is very little sun.  Once the moss is dead and decomposed, give your lawn a good fertilise ready for new growth.

Safe around Pets

Once the Wet & Forget has completely dried, it is safe for pets to walk on the surface area.  If your pet accidentally walks or sits in the product, immediately wash off the product with fresh water so they do not ingest the Wet & Forget.

To find out more about Wet and Forget or to purchase some, click here.

 

 

 


Leave a comment

Comments have to be approved before showing up