DIY Irrigation Planner
Use this tool to plan for your watering system project. Once completed, we can design and quote your system.
As part of our service to you, we'll provide you with an easy to follow plan showing you how to install your watering system. The plan will be tailor-made to suit your specific requirements and conditions.
When planning your system, there are several things that you will undoubtedly want to know, namely
- How will you design your system?
- What parts will you need and how much will they cost?
- How do you put it all together?
Equipment you'll need to design your system
Pens (2 or 3 different colours)
Bucket (for measuring water flow)
Stopwatch (use your smartphone)
Designing your system
The first step in designing your system is to map out a simple plan of the area. To make this as easy as possible, print out our irrigation designer by clicking on the button below
Once you have printed this out, draw your area on the graph:
- Fill out the questionnaire on the first page of the graph paper planner. It's important that you answer all the questions so that we can quote you in a fast and efficient way.
- Stick to the scale of 1cm = 1m (or one of the lined boxes = 1m)
Measure the water flow:
- Measure how long it takes to fill a 9-litre bucket from an outside tap closest to the proposed irrigation area. When performing this measurement, remove all the fittings from the tap and open the tap up fully. Repeat the exercise again to check your measurements.
Bring in or email the plan to us
Scan or photograph the completed plan and email it to us at email@example.com or bring it in to our store at 356 Brighton Rd HOVE SA. From here we will design your watering system and have an easy to follow plan back to you along with a quote within 3 business days.
If you choose to go ahead and order an irrigation system from us, we'll prepare it for you ready to pick up. Alternatively, we can deliver it out Australia wide.
In the meantime, have a read of our DIY installation instructions on the previous page to familiarise yourself with how to install sprinklers or drip systems. There are some handy videos to watch too - you'll be an expert in no time! If video's aren't your thing, give us a call on 8298 0555 or drop by our store. We're open 6 days a week from 8.30 till 5.00pm to help you get things sorted.