DIY Irrigation Planner
Use this tool to plan for your watering system project. Collect all the usefull information Paul Munns will need to design an easy to follow plan and prepare a quote for you.
When planning your system, there are several things that you will undoubtedly want to know, namely
- How will I design my system
- What parts will I need and how much will they cost
- How do I put it all together
Designing your system
The first step in designing your system is to map out a simple plan of the area. To make this as easy as possible, print out our irrigation designer by clicking on the button below
Once you have printed this out, draw your area on the graph:
- Stick to the scale of 1cm = 1m (or one of the dark lined boxes = 1m)
- Mark any water points or taps on the plan
- Use a pencil first so that you can erase any mistakes
- When taking measurements, it's always better to have more measurements than less. Having extra information allows confirmation checks to be performed which is important for irregular shaped areas.
- Mark out large trees and shrubs on the plan
Measure the water flow
- Measure how long it takes to fill a 9 litre bucket from an outside tap closest to the proposed irrigation area. When performing this measurement, remove all the fittings from the tap and open the tap up fully. Repeat the exercise again to check your measurements.
Bring in or email the plan to us
Scan the completed plan and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it into our store at 356 Brighton Rd HOVE SA. From here we will design your watering system and have an easy to follow plan back to you along with a quote by the close of the next business day.
If you choose to go ahead and order an irrigation system from us, we'll prepare it for you ready to pick up. Alternatively, we can deliver it out to our South Australian customers free of charge.
In the mean time, have a read of our DIY installation instructions on the previous page to familiarise yourself with how to install sprinklers or drip systems. There's some handy videos to watch too - you'll be an expert in no time!