What do you do when you have a problem with your lawn that you can seem to resolve? Paul Munns now has a range of consultation services help you find the answers you're looking for.
Lawns are more popular than ever and can do wonders in creating a cool, soft space around your home to rest and relax. Lawns should be easy to maintain and green all year round; however, there are times when this isn't the case, and despite your best efforts, you may experience problems you can't get on top of.
Every day, we get asked questions relating to why dead and dying patches appear in lawns. We welcome these sorts of enquiries and are happy to spend time with customers resolving issues. We offer a range of solutions, including the following:
- Phone call/email (free service): Give us a call or send an email with a description and some photos to email@example.com. There may be a simple solution that comes out of this.
- Bring in a core sample of your lawn and soil (free service): One of the best ways we can diagnose lawn problems is to bring a small piece of your lawn to our store at Hove for us to look at. We can look for a range of issues related to soil, disease and issues. At the same time, we can discuss maintenance and other relevant things with you to flush out what problems your lawn could be experiencing. Most of the time, we can solve problems in this way.
- Onsite consultation: If you don't have time to come into our store or think you have a more complicated range of issues, we can come out onsite and have an in-depth look at your lawn. In these instances, multiple or combinations of problems are often at play that can only be understood by standing on the lawn. Only then can we properly consider all the environmental factors that can lead to problems. We charge $220 for this service, which includes a written report on what we find and solutions on how to fix the issues identified.
So far this season, there have been some consistent issues that have come up time and time again. The top five are as follows:
- Turf Mites. Mite damage can be tricky to identify and resolve. Targeting Couch and Kikuyu, they literally suck the life out of your lawn and won't go away until treated. Your lawn stops growing and becomes patchy no matter how much water and fertiliser you throw at it.
- Moss and algae. Moss and Algae can successfully out-compete your lawn for ground space by creeping underneath it and squeezing it out. While it's easy to treat, if left unchecked, it can cause significant damage, especially in the shade. It's amazing how frequently I find this to be a major issue in poor-looking lawns.
- Insects and disease. Insects and disease are common issues that can affect your lawn. We can identify these and advise you on a management program.
- Weed management. As is often with weeds, there are often types that are super persistent and don't seem to go away, no matter what you do. Often, a weed management program is called for to clean up your lawn.
- Poor management practices. Incorrect management and maintenance can lead to poor-looking lawns. There are specific things that we can identify here to get you on track to achieving a great-looking lawn.
Most problems can be quickly identified and solved, but timeliness is the key. The sooner you identify the problems, the easier they can be to solve. Click here to learn more about how Paul Munns can help you solve your lawn problems.