You can use our online resources
When planning your system, there are several things that you will undoubtedly want to know, namely:
- How will I design my system
- What parts will you need and how much will they cost
- How do I put it all together
Step 1: Designing your system
The first step in designing your system is to map out a simple plan of the area. To make this as easy as possible, print out our irrigation designer by clicking on the button below:
Once you have printed this out, draw your area on the graph:
- Stick to the scale of 1cm = 1m (or one of the dark lined boxes = 1m)
- Mark any water points or taps on the plan
- Use a pencil first so that you can erase any mistakes
- When taking measurements , its always better to have more measurements than less. Having extra information allows confirmation checks to be performed which is important for irregular shaped areas.]
- Mark out large trees and shrubs on the plan
Measure the water flow:
- Measure how long it takes to fill a 9 litre bucket from an outside tap closest to the proposed irrigation area. When performing this measurement, remove all the fittings from the tap and open the tap up fully. Repeat the exercise again to check your measurements.
- Would you like an computer controlled system or a manually operated system?
Step 2: Email the plan to Paul Munns
Scan the completed plan and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. From here we will design your watering system and have and easy to follow plan back to you along with a quote by the close of the next business day.
Step 3: Accepting the quote
The email that we sent you in step 2 will have a link to click to accept the quote. This will take you to our site where you can log in using the user name and password we supply you. (the password can be changed when you login).
Once you have paid for the order, we will dispatch it along with a copy of the design and istallation instructions.
In the mean time, have a read of our DIY installation instructions on the previous page to familiarise yourself with how to install sprinklers or drip systems. There's some handy videos to watch too - you'll be an expert in no time!